Dependant’s pension

This is automatically paid to your spouse or civil partner if you die, even if you haven’t started taking your pension yet.

The amount is shown on your Deferred Pension Details Form, which you received when you left the Scheme.

If you’re not married or in a civil partnership, and you left the Scheme on or after 1 October 1987, you can nominate:

  • a partner
  • an aged parent
  • a disabled child who can’t support themselves financially.

The process

  1. 1.

    Your next of kin or personal representative notifies us.

  2. 2.

    If you’re married, we’ll ask for additional details to set up a dependant’s pension; and pensions for any eligible children:

    • Death certificate (photocopy)
    • Birth and marriage certificates (originals or certified copies)
    • Bank form.
  3. 3.

    We then arrange the pension from the next available pay date, which is the 15th of each month.

We use cookies to improve your online experience. Please select accept if you agree to our use of cookies.